Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Preparation

Well. Its getting close. Games begin very soon. 10 days now!
Lately I've been training really hard because my race is still 16 days away. I was really tired to today, and that was the plan. Tonight I did a 150m backstroke time trial to see how fast I can go when I'm really exhausted. I got all prepared like I would for a normal race; meet warm up, racing suit, etc. The timing system at the pool was all set up with Pierre as the starter.
I swam a total time of 1:38.19. Faster than what I was out at Trials! I was really pleased with this as my splits were 32.2, 32.9, 33.1. And I maintained my stroke rate at 42 throughout the race. I'm very confident that great things are going to happen.

The team is doing great! Everyone has been training very well. The team's looking strong and ready.

Hope everyone is having an amazing summer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

huge "HAVE FAST" thoughts for you as someone else mentioned....
take the time to enjoy it all as well you deserve the reward.

Canada, Newmarket and the Stingrays are all very proud of you! (and the whole team)

Anonymous said...

Linds you're awesome <3

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time and have fun. We are all very proud of you.

lynn said...

Go Lindasy!
We'll be cheering you on!
We can hardly wait...
All the best.
The Calderwood Family
Osgoode, Ontario

Mike and Loretta said...

They said you were "born to race" Do what you do best Lindsay!
I will be wearing my green teeth on race day.
We are so so proud!