Sunday, July 6, 2008

Approaching Junior Worlds

Hello everyone.
32 days until the opening ceremonies! It’s getting close!
I'm competing at the 2nd FINA Junior World Championships in a few days. Competition starts Tuesday with my first event being 100 backstroke. The Canadian team is very strong. We don't know for sure where we stand in the rankings, but our minds are ready to accomplish best times. We finally look like a team too, as we got our team gear a few days before we departed Houston for Monterrey.
In Monterrey it has done nothing but rain since we got here. Our whole team got drenched yesterday walking to go get our accreditation even though it was only a minute walk from the pool.
I'm really looking forward to this meet. I've had some really good workouts the last few weeks and I'm going into this meet with alot of confidence. I'm confident Canada is going to do very well at this meet.
33 days until the swimming begins in Beijing! 38 days until 200m backstroke! Lets go Canada!


No comments: