Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Junior Worlds went really well. The team placed 4th! It was amazing group of dedicated swimmers and I am so proud of all of them. I swam pretty close to all of my best times, this meet has gotten be very pumped for the Olympic Games!
Senior Nationals started today! I came home after Monterrey for a few days, so I am not yet in Winnipeg. I fly out tomorrow and will compete on Friday. These nationals will be very exciting. I'm really looking forward to it. I wish I was their now.
Eric Shanteau's story has really inspired me. Olympic Trials was so stressful, I couldn't imagine going through that with cancer. For all of you that haven't heard his story, here's the link of the article in the New York Times : http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/12/sports/olympics/12swim.html?ex=1216526400&en=14a526fad40df820&ei=5070&emc=eta1

22 days until Opening Ceremonies!

1 comment:

Christa88 said...

Hey Lindsay!
My sister (Carina) and I were at work the other day, and before we get started each morning the guys always watch sports, and on the sports channel we saw an interview with you!! We were so excited and told everyone to be quiet so we could listen LOL! Anyway, the Olympics are almost here and I am so excited for you! You are going to have the best time! I don't want to wish you luck because I know Alan always used to say he didn't believe in luck LOL, but I will say what Danielle Copeman and I used to say to each other before our races...

HAVE FAST!

It means swim fast and have fun, but it came out as have fast one day when Danielle said it to me and it just stuck!
So anyway, have an awesome time, and I know beyond a doubt you will do amazingly!
-Christa Orschel